Feb 5, 2013
Bothasig, Cape Town 7441
Great communication skills, comes with the power to influence and encourage others and yourself in a team setting. Whether you are a manager, team leader or an individual contributor, this course is for anyone who wishes to become an effective team player in the workplace.
• The ability to influence your colleagues overall performance
• Well defined goals for more effective communications
• The ability to create an open environment for communication
• The skill to communicate clearly
• Stronger relationships through powerful communication
• An understanding of other peoples communication styles and needs
• Techniques to facilitate effective team and meeting communications
• Emotional Intelligence to deal with difficult situations
• Leadership Skills and Styles – The Leadership Process Model.
• Set clear communication planning objectives-define your goals using Locke’s goal setting theory and then the most effective methods of delivery.
• 11 Questioning Techniques – managing feedback and complaints.
• Communication flow in the organization – preventing poor communication by using the Ladder of Inference.
• Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent person – understanding humility, level 5 Leader.
• Communication Tools - Apply the principles of good communication to various communication channels.
• Prepare an action plan for your future development.
• Understanding the Communication Process- Communication styles, Communication flow, the six step communications planning process.
• 5 Communication Styles – helps give clarity to your communication process.
• Identify and develop methods to break down those Effective Communication Barriers.
• Demonstrating communication Skills-learn how to combine the 7 C’s of Communication, Active Listening, Body language and Being assertive to help you communicate with impact.
• Planning Communication Strategy-identify your communication outcome and plan the best approach for achieving positive results.
• Conflict Resolution – using Bell and Hart’s 8 causes of conflict, dealing with unfair criticism and The Betari Box.
Duration: 10 weeks @ 1 hr per week.