Feb 5, 2013
Bothasig, Cape Town 7441
The job of a voice-over artist is to make the voices jump off the page. This course introduces you to various voice-over scripts which present different demands. It is important that you identify the various voice-over scripts in order to approach them in a creative and intelligent manner, which satisfies the needs of the client.
• Skills to practice voice-over’s.
• An understanding of what is required to be a professional voice over artist.
• How to use your voice when reading voice-over’s.
• What to look for when listening to voice-over’s of other people.
• Clear diction
• Flexibility to do Commercial, commentaries and other voice-over’s.
• Posture behind the microphone;
• 5 production techniques;
• Relaxation (throat tension) and breathing for a voice-over;
• Modulation - how to use the voice to get the message across;
• Textual analysis;
• Pitch, resonance - tone: sincere, happy, off the wall interpretation;
• Diction - Articulation: consonants such as plosive “s” etc.;
• Vowels - enunciation of monophthongs, diphthongs, triphthongs;
• 20 steps to success in voice-overs;
• Voice over scripts - various demands;
• Commercials: hard sell, soft sell, deep sell.
• Commentaries: financial, investigative, wildlife, educational, medical, travel, sport, the arts, technical, modern documentary (computer games);
• Other: on hold messages, website video’s, podcast intros and outros, sponsorship messages and DJ drops, audio books.